As per the sente decision, the college website control is back to the hands of students and the team shall be formed soon. They will be looking forward to having creative suggestions towards the updation. I humbky request you all to post the suggestions as comments for the same.
Here are some of my suggestions:
My suggestions for Website Updation
1. The entire layout may be rebuilt.
2. http://www.mec.ac.in shall be taken as a model for contents.
3. Details of the ongoing college senate, departments, syllabus, notes (as they are in MEC’s web site), office bearers of various student organizations, PTA shall be made available with due contact details viz. E-mail IDs, Mobile numbers wherever possible.
4. User log in and E-mail facility shall be provided for:
a) All students
b) All faculties and A.O
c) Senate Members (Chair, VC, AS, GS, SS, ME, Treasurer)
d) Alumni Office Bearers
e) Student Organizations
5. Attendance and Internals shall be displayed online, for this try to maintain an online DB to which the month by month details shall be recorded, and from which students can know their aforesaid details just by logging in to their account.
6. A student complaint cell towards the college senate shall be opened in the portal so that registered students can submit their grievances.
7. Students’ forum in the website shall be made popular.
8. Check if the unofficial blog (http://www.ceconline.wordpress.com) can be integrated to the website or try to open a new official blog and try to find new responsible bloggers too.
9. Try to buy an SMS gateway for CEC, which shall be used to pass info/message to the registered students during emergencies. This shall be achieved by classifying students into group on the ground of their year of admission, branch and division.
10. Gallery page must be updated.
11. Links page shall be updated.
12. Home page of the site may contain a slideshow of CEC’s infra.
13. Notification/Updates field may be enhanced. (Email shall be sent to the registered users when a new notification/update is posted)
14. A column in the home page shall be reserved for posting the news viz. winning of awards or prizes by CECians and other college news.
15. Upcoming events shall be updated and given in the homepage too.
16. Credits page shall be updated.
17. A new page named “Hall of Fame” or something else shall be created (as done in http://www.cecieee.org) which may contain the name and details of Best Outgoing Students from CEC, Other achievers who added to the fame of our college and other major achievements of the college. This shall be given year-wise)
18. Details of students’ organizations shall be updated and a brief report of the same of the academic year 2007-08 shall be uploaded.
19. College magazine for the year 2007-08 shall be made available for downloading.
20. TPC details shall be updated.
21. Placement training shall be given online, by giving some model questions in different categories and some interview tips and questions.
22. Details of Principal shall be given as a page “Principal”.
23. A newsletter facility shall be given in the website to which the students, teachers and alumni shall subscribe. The website team shall find a newsletter editor who may collect the news periodically for the newsletter.
24. College handbook shall be uploaded. Try to make a new tab “Downloads”.
25. A page “Contacts” shall be created and office phone and FAX shall be given in header.
26. A search option shall be given near the header (Indexing preferred).
27. A webpage each shall be given for:
a) All students (Shall be made by the profiles created by the students)
b) All faculties
The website of CUSAT/NIT-C shall be taken as a model in this regard.
Arunanand T A,
2010 Computer Science and Engineering.
P.S. These are my humble suggestions only towards the Updation of the college website.
Please post your suggestions.
Read Full Post »